cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anderss
Community Member

Tutor designation

I am wanting to add a tutor to the course to have access to lecture and recordings, but I do not want them to see grades. Are they to be listed as an observer? 

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @anderss  Welcome to the Canvas Community website.  Thanks for posting your question here.  I believe that an "Observer" role would work in that case...as the default settings for that role only allow to view announcements and discussions.  I am basing this off of the PDF file linked at the top of this Guide: How do I set permissions for a course-level role in an account?.  However, if you are an admin for your school's Canvas instance, you could also create a new role specifically called "Tutor" and then turn on any permissions you wanted specifically for that role (keeping in mind that would apply to all courses in your school's Canvas environment).

How do I create course-level roles in an account? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12635-421473661 

I hope this helps, Stacy.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again,  @anderss ...

I wanted to check in with you again because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first asked this question on March 25, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review the response and the links that I gave you later that day?  If so, did they help to answer your question?  Are you still looking for some help with setting up this kind of role?  I'm hopeful that, by now, you've been able to resolve this on your own or by using the Guides that I've linked.  If you feel that my above reply has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you're still looking for help, please post a message below so that Community members might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Stacy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.