cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Twitter - How long will a twitter feed show up in Canvas?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I successfully embedded the twitter app in one of my courses.

I set it up to where it only shows feeds containing a specific hashtag.

Everything works fine. All tweets containing that hashtag shows up.

Problem: After a few weeks, I noticed that all the feeds had disappeared.

Question: How long does the feeds stay up for?

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonathan.dsouza@park.edu​, the date span for tweet display is determined by the Twitter developers. You can read more about that here: GET search/tweets | Twitter Developers  As far as I can see, the widget search extends back seven days. For additional questions about the LTI, you'll find a support link at the upper right of this page: Edu App Center: Twitter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Hi jonathan.dsouza@park.eduI was not aware that there was a time frame or expiration associated with an embedded Twitter feed, and I couldn't find any documentation in that regard. Did you link to External Tool in a module to embed the feed? Here's what I just did to create a Twitter feed (essentially in line with the steps outlined in How do I link to a resource from a configured External App in Modules?😞

• Navigate to Settings
  • Click on Apps tab
  • Add Twitter app to course
  • Navigate to Modules
  • Click on Add ( + )
  • Select External Tool type
  • Select Twitter
  • Enter text after the # or @ sign (I used the #CanvasLMS tag; it's an either/or proposition, so you can't enter text in both fields)
  • Click Preview
  • If OK, click Embed
  • Click Add Item

Please let us know if that's the same method you used, and if not, please describe how you created the Twitter feed embed in your course.

This related discussion might also help explain the phenomenon you're observing: Twitter widget doesn't show some of the tweets

Hi Stefanie,

The embedded Twitter feed works fine.

I believe it only displays recent twitter feeds.
I would like to know whats the time duration for a feed to be considered recent.
I would like students to share stuff via twitter and have these tweets show up in the feed.

Thanks for looking in to this.

jonathan.dsouza@park.edu​, the date span for tweet display is determined by the Twitter developers. You can read more about that here: GET search/tweets | Twitter Developers  As far as I can see, the widget search extends back seven days. For additional questions about the LTI, you'll find a support link at the upper right of this page: Edu App Center: Twitter

View solution in original post

Thanks Stefanie.

You're awesome.

:smileyblush: