cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I get a live twitter feed onto my Canvas page? I have created a widget in Twitter but when pasted into a page on Canvas it comes up as:

182154_pastedImage_0.png

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Hi @stallis@trinity.nsw.edu.au

I found this thread Twitter - How long will a twitter feed show up in Canvas? where @stefanievsanders@gmail.comsuggest to use the Twitter app and link it as an external tool.

Rosalie

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello stallis@trinity.nsw.edu.au​...

Have you investigated using the Twitter LTI app instead of making a widget?  Here is more information on the Twitter LTI app for you: Edu App Center: Twitter.  You should be able to set this up at the course level if you want.

Community Member

Hi @stallis@trinity.nsw.edu.au

I found this thread Twitter - How long will a twitter feed show up in Canvas? where @stefanievsanders@gmail.comsuggest to use the Twitter app and link it as an external tool.

Rosalie

View solution in original post

Community Member

Hi again @Sarah Tallis

I forgot to add that by adding the twitter app you can display your twitter feeds in two different ways:

1. A page dedicated only for your Tweets. For this purpose you can add them as an external tool in modules.

182213_pastedImage_2.png

2. You can add your Twitter feed to enrich a specific page or assignment as detailed in the screenshot below. To do so you have to create a page or assignment and then click on "More external tools" > "Twitter"

182214_pastedImage_5.png

182193_pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps,

Rosalie

Community Member

Thanks for the detail and screen shots! Very helpful rledda@inlea.com

Community Team
Community Team

stallis@trinity.nsw.edu.au​, you've received some great responses to your question. Would you take a moment to mark one of them with the "Correct Answer" designation--and if you're not quite ready to do that, would you post your additional question(s)? Thanks!

Community Member

Thanks for all your help everyone! The best way I found was via this comment thread.

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/29094#comment-29094 

This was the only way to get my twitter feed on Canvas with the images as well.

Thanks again!

Thank you for checking in with us and for providing that link, stallis@trinity.nsw.edu.au! Smiley Happy

Community Member

I wanted to share here a workshop I've created for using real Twitter widgets in Canvas (thus taking advantage of all the possible Twitter widget configurations, and displaying the embedded media: images, video).

The workshop is here:

Twitter4Canvas (a blog): Twitter4Canvas 

And it's set up as a Canvas course so you can see the widgets in action here:

Twitter4Canvas (a Canvas course, fully open, no registration needed)

I would be really glad to get feedback from people about this. I really enjoy using Twitter with my students via my Canvas course homepages, and with a little iframe and https magic, it's possible to do all kinds of things with Twitter inside Canvas. 🙂