cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raina_chelise
Community Member

Unable to access Zoom through Canvas Course Page

Jump to solution

I can't seem to use Zoom through either of my course pages in Canvas. I receive a different error message each time I try to "authenticate." Am I missing a step somewhere? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@ ‌, it's hard to diagnose something like that from here, so you might need to get in touch with Canvas Support so they can have a look at it. And I don't know if this is related, but Zoom's status page currently reports a connection issue: Zoom Status 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @raina_chelise ,

Before we dig too deep, a couple of questions for you. Are you a teacher or a student? Also, could you possibly provide us with a screenshot of the different error messages you are receiving to help diagnose the issue please?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stuart

Hello, 

I am an instructor at SJSU. I have attached a screenshot of the error message I see when I attempt to authenticate through Canvas. 
Thank you, 
- Raina Chelise
300714_Screenshot_20181230-183841.png

Hi Raina Chelise,

Looks like you're accessing Canvas through your phone, what happens when you use a full-size desktop(laptop) browser?

Also there is a Canvas Teacher App What is the Canvas Teacher app? and your school may have the Zoom configured in a way that does not allow mobile authentication.

Happy New Year,
Cheers - Shar

ortizi
Surveyor II

I just encountered a similar problem...

An instructor at my school just tried to set up their account in Confer Zoom and is now getting the following -

Zoom Error in GET users/(usersemailaddress)

Code:  1010

Details:  User not belong to this account. (sic)

This happened on a desktop computer (Windows 7, Chrome V.71.0).

Is it possible there was a problem with how the account was created on the Confer Zoom website?

@ ‌, it's hard to diagnose something like that from here, so you might need to get in touch with Canvas Support so they can have a look at it. And I don't know if this is related, but Zoom's status page currently reports a connection issue: Zoom Status 

View solution in original post

Hi stefaniesanders,

Thanks.  I will have the instructor check again.

bpfingst
Surveyor

I know this is an old topic, but just in case someone else happens upon it looking for an answer...

You need to be a user in your College's Zoom account before the Zoom integration in Canvas will recognize you.  Your College should have a Zoom Portal outside of Canvas.  It's usually an address like:

https://mycollege.zoom.us

If you login there once to activate your account then Zoom will start working within Canvas.  Talk to your Instructional or Educational Technology folks [ or IT as a last resort 🙂 ] if you need help finding the address of the Zoom Portal your college uses.

-Brett