cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perduet
Community Member

Unable to edit/proof Discussion Board entries

Jump to solution

Why can't I edit/proof students' entries on Db just like I would in an assignment that they turn in?  My expectations for Db entries are high and it would be helpful for me to show them what they are doing wrong- or right!

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @perduet  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I cannot answer the "why" part, though you are correct...this cannot be done currently in Canvas.  If I had to guess, it may have something to do with the current inability of the DocViewer to be used for text entry-type of assignments (mentioned here), as well, which uses the same rich content editor that the Discussions do.

I encourage you to vote up and comment on this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7512-grade-discussion-posts-and-attachments-with-crocodoc , which appears to be in line with what you would like.

Not the answer you are looking for, I imagine, but I hope it helps a bit, Tamara.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @perduet  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I cannot answer the "why" part, though you are correct...this cannot be done currently in Canvas.  If I had to guess, it may have something to do with the current inability of the DocViewer to be used for text entry-type of assignments (mentioned here), as well, which uses the same rich content editor that the Discussions do.

I encourage you to vote up and comment on this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7512-grade-discussion-posts-and-attachments-with-crocodoc , which appears to be in line with what you would like.

Not the answer you are looking for, I imagine, but I hope it helps a bit, Tamara.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
perduet
Community Member

The vote is what I was trying to do with my email/query. Couldn't really figure it out.

Kind Regards,

Tamara

Tamara O. Perdue PhD, RN

Nurse Researcher Clinical Assistant Professor

Metabolic Surgery Research Group Advanced Nursing Practice & Education

Department of Surgery College of Nursing

Brody School of Medicine East Carolina University

East Carolina University Health Sciences Building

600 Moye Blvd. Greenville, NC 27834

Greenville, NC 27834

252-744-0114 252-744-6442

kblack
Community Member

Hopefully you voted it up, Tamara...which you should be able to do with that link, assuming you were logged in.  That is the best way to communicate your desire for such a feature, as opposed to here in the Q&A forum.