Unable to email students via Inbox

Jump to solution
dcollins184
Community Novice

why does it say  "recipients invalid" when I try to sent an email from the inbox?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @dcollins184 ...

I've not come across this message myself, but in searching the Community for some answers, one question I have for you...is your course "published"?

Also, Canvas does not have e-mail.  It has an "Inbox" (or sometimes called "Conversations" or "Messaging").  In a nutshell, all users in Canvas can choose how they want to be notified about certain events in Canvas...via e-mail, text message, Twitter account, etc.  Then, users can choose how frequently they want to receive those messages.  So, if you send a message to your students via the Canvas Inbox, some of your students may get notified about your message via their school e-mail address, a personal e-mail address, or via a text message.  But, that won't be the same for everyone.  Some people may choose to only get text message notifications, for example.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Doris.  Please let us know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes