cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joy_bertinuson
Community Member

Unable to get Narrated PowerPoint to play in Canvas

Jump to solution

Can I get my narrated PowerPoint to play sound in Canvas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@joy_bertinuson ,

The document previewer will not play the sound when it shows the preview.  Students will have to download the file in order to play the narrations unless you save the file as a video file (MP4) and upload it as a video.

Robbie

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@joy_bertinuson ,

The document previewer will not play the sound when it shows the preview.  Students will have to download the file in order to play the narrations unless you save the file as a video file (MP4) and upload it as a video.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Sincerely, Joy Bertinuson

Hey Robbie,

This was a great answer you gave!  Thanks for being so helpful to your fellow community members, especially in these difficult times.  Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. Smiley Happy 

Thanks again for all that you do and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Canvas Community Team

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@joy_bertinuson ‌, Robbie has given you great advice: saving the Powerpoint as an MP4 is the way to go. You might be interested in supporting this related feature idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/16317-upload-powerpoint-containing-audio 

Ok thank you!

Sincerely, Joy

I uploaded PPT using Youtube. I have a Youtube account/ page. I tried as you did and as with you, my narrated PowerPoint was so large. Initially, I used ADD, then EDIT  customize In my Annoucement Module or  "Notepad with edit text", YouTube Icon to see what commands and  tools were available.

I used my device to browse to get to saved, and narrated PowerPoint presentation. PowerPoint allowed me to Save As .mpt (media files, e.g. video, extension for video and other types of media). I uploaded to my YouTube account, then requested YouTube provided me to share. The share will come as "link" or attached a copy vie email. I chose use link in my annoucement message. I used YouTube provided link and copied and pasted of the link. The "forward-facing" message in the annoucement automatically convert to "YouTube video" and when opened took view directly YouTube with that big red PLAY button and PowerPoint saved as video opened and started.

I recall you are wanting "play without  student pressing PLAY, but as close as I got to that was YouTube contains link. Link goes directly to YouTube and YouTube video automatically starts.

I do not know if you can use any of the information I provided to answer your question but I hope it contains information you can use in the future.