Undo bad course import

Jump to solution
2021Fall
Community Member

I have several courses with similar names - and names in Chinese  - the wrong course was imported in the Spring 2021 shell. How do I undo this error? I have looked at the 2017-18 discussion on this topic. However, now in 2021, has this old, well understood problem been solved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @2021Fall ...

Unfortunately, there is no "undo" button for course imports.  Further, when you begin a course import and see the progress bar filling in for the import, there is no way to stop it.  The best thing that you can do, if your school allows it, is to reset the course.  How do I reset course content? - Canvas Community  This completely wipes out all the contents of the course (but keeps any enrollments currently in the course) so that you can start over.  But, if there is any content you want to keep in the course, then resetting the course probably wouldn't be a good idea.  In that situation, you may need to manually delete items that you do not want in your course.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes