cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ungraded Assessment (survey) results

Just seting up our final course assessment, but in testing out the Assessment I'm seeing survey "results" in a spreadsheet, which is useless.

The Assessment requires students to give comprehensive responses, so I need to be able to clearly see what they've written, which is more than will fit in an Excel cell. Help!

Thanks.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Have you tried to wrap the text in Excel?  This way, the text will fit.  This will make it a lot easier to read and prevent you from having any headaches.  

Wrap text in a cell - Excel 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Rebecca,

My instructor is not going to go through all those gyrations to look at responses. I don’t understand why Canvas couldn’t have designed a survey tool which easily displayed responses? From what I can gather this has been an issue for a few years. All quizzes and surveys are not, by default, yes and no responses, which seems to be the presupposition in the design of the tool.

Sorry to gripe to you; I appreciate your response! If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Howard

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry I can't be of any more help.  If this is something that you and others feel strongly about, I would highly recommend that you create an idea for a feature request.  This way others can vote on it.  If enough people want it to happen, there's definitely a chance that Canvas will make it happen indeed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks. I do appreciate your quick response!

Highlighted

Rebecca,

I went into Excel, and it looks like I’ll have to reformat the answers—unless I can convince the instructor of the “virtue” of doing that. : > }

If I could ask another question:

I’m trying to set up an ungraded (end of semester) assessment. Here’s how I’ve set it up. Suggestions? ( A message pops up when I look at a quiz sample that the answers are "remaining hidden.” Not sure how to turn off that message.

Thanks,

Howard

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Honestly, if it's ungraded, I would rather use something else like a Google Form than creating a Quiz in Canvas.  The beauty of creating a (graded) quiz here in Canvas is that there are so many different types of features you can add to it.  But if it's ungraded, I would think you would save a lot of time by creating a Google Form.  But then if you want to make sure the students do complete it, you could put the link here in Canvas. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks again!

Highlighted

My pleasure. 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels