cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Unpublish Announcements

I want to unpublish announcements. I still want to be able to see them but I do not want all of them to be visible to students.  I can only find a delete option.  I don't want to delete them completely. I just want to take some away for students to make navigation easier. How do I do this?

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi jennifer.childs@besd.net,

It's not currently possible to unpublish an announcement. We do have a feature idea that suggests adding that functionality to Canvas. If you'd like to support the idea (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1102-publish-and-unpublish-announcements ) you can vote on it and/or add comments.

As a workaround, you could save old announcements on your computer or another area of Canvas, such as an unpublished assignment or page, and delete old announcements. I know that's not an ideal workaround, but that will at least allow you to simplify which announcements students can see. If you have any further questions, please reach out. 

Naomi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer III

You could also go to your course settings and click more options to change a setting that allows for only recent announcements to be shown to students. It's a great feature. I love it!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for that workaround idea! I don't see "More Options" under the "Settings" menu. Would you be able to explain how you found the option to only see recent announcements?

0 Kudos
Labels