cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josmith1
Surveyor

Unsubmitting a quiz

Jump to solution

Using a Quiz in Canvas, can students who previously submitted (especially essay questions) "unsubmit" and continue working on the questions?  I have allowed them to see their previous answers, but I would like them to be able to continue working, or edit existing answers, on essay questions rather than starting completely from scratch.  Is there a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@josmith1 ,

Unfortunately, no.  Once a quiz has been submitted in canvas, it cannot be re-opened for editing or continuation.  You will need to give the students another attempt, but this would be an attempt at the whole quiz.

Robbie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@josmith1 ,

Unfortunately, no.  Once a quiz has been submitted in canvas, it cannot be re-opened for editing or continuation.  You will need to give the students another attempt, but this would be an attempt at the whole quiz.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Any chance of changing this? I would love to be able to reopen a quiz after a student accidentally submits a quiz--or maybe moving the buttons a little further away from each other?

Is the option to unsubmit a quiz being considered?  I use the quiz feature for more than just "quizzes" ,and would like students to be able to correct their responses without having to do the entire assignment again.  Correcting mistakes on practice work (physics, physical science) is an incredible strategy for learning.

@tfoster5 ‌, not "unsubmit" exactly, but the idea you'll want to follow for updates is https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4709-carry-forward-correct-answers-on-quiz-multiple-attempts . If implemented, it would essentially allow students to rework incorrectly answered questions without having to re-do the entire assessment.

I was just thinking that would be nice too!