Uploaded Media folder unpublished by default

Jump to solution
keefer
Community Member

Why in the world would the Uploaded Media folder be unpublished when I upload a image for a quiz?  Half way through, my students became somewhat frantic because instead of the image (that they needed to answer a question), they saw the image of a lock.  Of course, when I PREVIEWED the quiz, I had no trouble seeing the images, so this came as a complete surprise to me.  And I can use "student view" for a quiz before it's published, so I had no way of knowing.  This just seem like a bad choice as default.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

I have found that new image uploads require copyright information in order to be published.  There is a simple menu for adding that.  There is not a built in Uploaded Media folder (or any built in folder at all) in the files section of my courses, and uploading images did not create new folders when I tested it.  No new folder appeared; my upload is just one of many files in the files section.  New folders in the files section are published by default, so someone who contributed to building the course would have had to choose to unpublish any folder that is not published. 

View solution in original post