cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinduff
Community Member

Uploading PowerPoint to a Discussion

Hello, I am a student currently trying to attach a narrated PowerPoint to a discussion and it is just keeps saying "saving reply..." The PowerPoint is 6.96MB. I have tried on different browsers and I also tried saving the file to Google Drive and then attaching it, but it has not worked yet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@erinduff ‌, sorry to hear that you're having problems getting your file to upload! It sounds like you've done a good job trying to figure out the issue and (unfortunately) It's hard to trouble shoot this type of issue here in the Community because we don't have access to your Canvas environment. 

Here'a what I would recommended. If you have the file uploaded to Google Frive then you can get a Share link for that file - should be in the upper right if you open the file from your Drive. Copy that link and put it in your discussion. That way people will still be able to view your presentation. 

In addition, I'd contact your teacher to let them know that's going on and submit a help request from Canvas Support (Help link in Canvas --> Report a Problem). 

Hope this helps!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @erinduff ~ It's been a few weeks since we've heard from you! I hope that you were able to submit your assignment. Was  @kona 's suggestion to share with a link helpful, or did you arrive at a different solution? If you reached out to Canvas Support, what were they able to share? For now, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered" but that will not prevent you or anyone else from commenting. Smiley Happy