cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Uploading/Sharing Material for Individual Students and Staff

Is it possible to use Canvas to create a folder or eportfolio where a student, a select group of faculty and an admin, can add and view documents that are hidden from other students and staff?

I know of the eportfolio feature and I know that users can upload files into their own eportfolio but can others contribute? Can you make it invitation only?

My staff currently has an external solution in place but I was wondering if anyone has a more elegant alternative built into Canvas.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi charles.andreasen@utoronto.ca Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Have you considered utilizing a Group that lives outside of any course in Canvas?  A while back, I wrote a blog about how to do this: Campus Clubs and Groups.  Hoping this might be of help to you, Charles.

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi - Like Charles, I'd like to have some way of pushing personalised content to individual students. In my case this content would primarily be in the form of assessment/feedback reports (PDFs and occasionally videos) that were generated outside of Canvas and were then uploaded and aggregated somehow within each student's Canvas account. An ePortfolio dedicated to this purpose would seem to be ideal provided there was a way for a staff user to publish to it - ideally via Canvas's API given the number of students and files involved.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again, charles.andreasen@utoronto.ca...

Checking in with you again because we've not gotten a response from you since you first posted your question back on March 5, 2019.  Have you had a chance to review the feedback that I left you later that afternoon?  If so, do you think my recommendation would work for your needs?  Please feel free to mark my answer as "Correct" if you feel that I've helped to answer your question.  Or, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you in about seven months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Charles.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.