Uploading a Canvas Studio into YouTube

Jump to solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

I would like to create a new video in Canvas Studio, but later be able to upload it to my own YouTube channel. Can that be done? If so, what is the easiest way?

The reason for this is that I want to create a promotional video to be shared with prospective students who won't be able to access a video stored within Canvas until they actually enroll in classes. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @SusanNiemeyer ...

Yes, if the video was something that you created on your own and is now a part of your Studio library, you should be able to download it to your computer and then upload it to your YouTube account.  Although this Guide, How do I delete media in Canvas Studio? - Canvas Community, doesn't really describe how to do it, there is a good screenshot that will show you a downward-pointing arrow within a circle when you click on a video in your Studio library.  This is the icon to download a copy of the video to your computer.  (This icon would not be available if this was a YouTube video that was added to your Studio library.)

There is another option for you, though...and this applies to any video in your Studio library...including videos from YouTube that you've added to you library.  You can share a public link with people to watch your video without them having to sign in to Canvas.  Check out this Guide: How do I get a public link or embed code for media... - Canvas Community.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Susan.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post