cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Uploading presentation in Conference

I was using conference with students today for my class and tried to upload a power point but I was unable to upload it. I was, however, able to upload a video.  What am I doing wrong. Note I have updoaded power points before with no problem. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, tdowd@dccc.edu...

I'm not certain of an answer for you, but I will tag ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ in my response in hopes that he will be able to help you out with this question.  Good luck to you!  Stay safe, be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  While I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

> and tried to upload a power point but I was unable to upload it. I was, however, able to upload a video.

How large was the PowerPoint?  It needs to be less than 150 pages and less than 30mb in size to upload?

Can you do a test against

https://test.bigbluebutton.org/

and let us know if you can upload it there.  Do you get an error when you try?

Regards,... Fred

Highlighted

I'm not sure if this was already resolved, but I have the same problem. I am able to upload presentations but they don't show, a small version of the bar at the bottom appears but is non-functional. The default BigBlueButton also does not appear (but is listed under the presentations that have been uploaded). I can share an external YouTube video. I also tried the test environment and was successful there. 

I've used three different computers, Chrome and FireFox, and tried clearing my cache. Most of the online support I was able to find for this issue was from the BigBlueButton forums but looks like it is for developers (has to do with certificates and html). Any additional guidance on this issue in Canvas?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels