Uploading recorded lectures

Jump to solution
ctheriot
Community Member

Canvas isn't letting me upload recorded video lectures!  I've done this in the past ( two days ago), and it worked fine.  Now, I'm getting the message, "Failed to Create New Item."  I'm not changing the procedure that I've always used, so I'm not sure what's going on.  HELP!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ctheriot  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties uploading a video lecture to your course.  To confirm, are you using the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?  Also, please pay special attention to the information in the blue box with respect to file size.  You may need to upload your video to YouTube and then embed your lecture that way if you are still having difficulties.

Also, I'm not sure if your school has paid for the Canvas Studio product, but if you do have Studio, this would be another option for you as well.

I hope some of these resources will be of help to you, Chance.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post