cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Urgent support needed! Someone else held a conference in my course!

Pardon my tone, but I am beyond angry. I have a very big IELTS preparation course and my students WERE INVITED TO A CONFERENCE ON CANVAS by someone else!!!!

They were spammed in the middle of the night! AT 2 am!

There is a recording of people talking Spanish in my course and now I have to answer and apologize to the center where I teach and to all of my 700 students for receiving so much spam!

Also, all of the student emails may be stolen and I can lose my job over this!

Please tell me what is going on???? How can someone do this from my account?

332775_pastedImage_1.png

332776_pastedImage_3.png

Please check this and tell me what happened and how can we prevent it from happening again!

My students thought I had a lesson and they showed up, wrote messages and they will surely complain. 

Tags (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

nishta_to@hotmail.com‌, the members of this forum don't have access to activity in individual courses and accounts other than their own. For quick assistance, please contact Canvas Support so a support agent can have investigate activity in the course. You'll find support links in the Help menu (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?).

Highlighted

I submitted a ticket already and I reposted the same message here since maybe the support sees it here as well.

I also want to know if this happened to anyone else. 

Thank you.

Support does not monitor conversations in this global community, but perhaps one of our members can provide insight.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Also, nishta_to@hotmail.com, should the Help menu in your Canvas instance not provide a direct link to Canvas Support, it most likely means that the institution for which you're teaching has its own internal support process that it would like its instructors to follow. If that's the case, please reach out directly to that institution so they can escalate the matter to Canvas Support on your behalf.

Labels