cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Using MS Sway and not needing a second log in

I have been experimenting with Microsoft Mix and Sway in Canvas.  I can get the presentations downloaded, and they look great.  However, with Sway, when the screen pops up Sway/MS request that users log in to Sway to access the video or presentation.  Is there a way that students don't have to log in to a second platform.  It's hard enough getting them onto Canvas sometimes.  If there's a second sign in, they may be reluctant.  Is there a way to do this-- maybe through Microsoft's LTI, though I don't know what are the first steps.  Thanks.  

Dave

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi dgorman@hartnell.edu‌...

I wonder if this has to do with the sharing settings that you have set on your Sway?  I've not really explored Sway in too much detail (though, it looks really interesting), but I did find the following video that may be of help:

How to Share a Sway - Microsoft Sway Tutorials - YouTube 

Hi dgorman@hartnell.edu‌...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity since you first posted this question an my response on February 10th.  Have you had a chance to review my response?  I thought I'd also try bringing in awilliams and snufer to this conversation because they've had a bit more experience using Sway than I have.  Hopefully, one of them may be able to shed some light on your question.  Hoping to hear from you soon, David!

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

You'll likely want to make sure that when you get the share code that you enable "anyone with a link" to access it.  It sounds like you have it set to "those in your organization with the link" can access it.  

225352_sway share.jpg

In the future, I imagine that Microsoft will figure out how to truly integrate with sso if your organization uses O365.  But so far I've found that at times I still have to enter some credentials even if I'm signed into Canvas through sso.