cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tscanlon
Surveyor

Using a rubric for a question in a quiz

am writing quizzes with various kinds of questions (multiple choice, numerical answer, file upload, etc.) and would like to grade the file upload questions using a rubric.   

Is there a method for associating a rubric to an individual question in a quiz?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @tscanlon ...

If you are using Classic Quizzes, you cannot attach a rubric to an individual quiz question.  Rubrics can only be attached to the overall quiz...not specific quiz questions.  Also, keep in mind that the attached rubric for a quiz does not use the possible points that you may have included in the criteria of the rubric.  The points come directly from the quiz question.  Here is a Guide for you to look at: How do I add a rubric to a quiz? - Canvas Community.

If you are using the New Quizzes interface, you might be able to use Outcomes to align with an individual quiz question.  Here's a Guide for that procedure: How do I align an outcome to an assessment questio... - Canvas Community.

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.