Using the Math Equation Editor.

Jump to solution
cindy_knoll
Community Novice

I'm trying to use the equation editor to enter systems of equations, piecewise defined functions or matrices.  The editor doesn't seem to allow more than one line per equation.  Can anyone give me a method of using the equation editor to do this.  Thanks!

--CLK

2 Solutions
James
Community Champion

@cindy_knoll ​,

An answer is to use the cases environment. This question was asked back in October and there was an answer and some good follow-up about additional resources. Rather than repeat all that here, I'll just provide the link to it: Re: Curly Brackets

View solution in original post

Hi @chris_barker ...

Back in August 2020, the Canvas Community website transitioned to a different platform.  So, that means that some of the links that people referenced in older postings do not re-direct like they should.  I believe that the page @James is referencing is now located at .

As a side note, if you run into a link that is broken (like the one in James' above posting), you can usually search for the name of the page using the search box at the top of any page here in the Community.  In most instances, you can tell what the name of the old page is by looking at the old URL.

Hope this will help a bit, Chris!

View solution in original post