cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayj
Community Member

Using the discussion board feature

Jump to solution

I would like to use the discussion board to pose a question but I don't want the students to see each others responses at all. Is this possible? I've tried a few different things but can't seem to get it to work without students seeing each other's responses. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shayj , the only way to do this is to make it a group discussion and then have each student be in their own group. This will prevent them from seeing each other’s posts. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shayj , the only way to do this is to make it a group discussion and then have each student be in their own group. This will prevent them from seeing each other’s posts. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @shayj  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Another option for you, if you are okay with this, would be to require students to post a reply before they are able to see the replies of others.  However, you may need to be clear in your instructions that students cannot simply type one letter or one word as a response so that they are then able to see what others have posted.  They would need to post a reply with substance.  Here is more information on how you could set this up in your course: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13010-415250008  I hope this helps, Jana!