cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Vid Grid

How do I get into Vid Grid to send a message?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, amontes2@unl.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I've never heard of VidGrid before, so I had to do a Google search to see if I could find anything that might be relevant to your question.  I came across this website: Video Integration for Canvas LMS | VidGrid | VidGrid.  Beyond this, I am not sure how it integrates with Canvas.  If you are an instructor, I would recommend that you reach out to someone at your school such as a local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department to see if they might be able to help determine if they have VidGrid integrated with your school's Canvas environment.  If you are a student, you may need to reach out to your instructor to ask more questions about this.  You can do that by looking at the information in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Amelia.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this information...thanks!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi Amelia,

Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do?  

VidGrid is a video streaming service, so you wouldn't normally go into it to "send a message".

We have it integrated with Canvas at our school, and instructors and students can follow the VidGrid link (or whatever your school calls their VidGrid service--we call it "Academic Video") from the Canvas course menu to connect to our school's VidGrid server and record videos.

Your school may also have VidGrid linked from the Rich Content Editor, so VidGrid would appear under the "External Tools" icon in the RCE toolbar.  This allows users to embed a VidGrid video in whatever they are writing in the RCE.

Mike