cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Video Discussion

My first assignment is to do a video introduction.  I am not familiar with canvas and the proper steps to post a video, can you please send instructions.  I have been on the help line for 1hr and 30 min.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @tmabrahamson1 ...

While we probably cannot help you with the specifics of a video recording, Community members can at least give you some general advice about this.  Canvas does have some Student Guides that relate to uploading and/or recording videos in Canvas.  Here are ones that would be relevant to you ... depending on which version of the Rich Content Editor (RCE) that your school is using in the Canvas environment:

Also, I am not sure if your school has purchased Canvas Studio or not, but this is another way you can record video and put it into your course.  You would see the "Studio" button on the left-hand side global navigation menu of Canvas.  If you do not see this button, then your school probably doesn't have Studio.  Here's a Studio Guide:

You would then need to embed the Studio Guide in the discussion topic:

Hopefully one or more of these Guides will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels