cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Videos do not play

Jump to solution

I have tried to watch 2 videos. I click on "Play" and get a black screen - the videos do not play. I refresh & still no video.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bbowen@olympus.net​...

Have you tried using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to see if you can view the videos?  Another possibility might be the way the videos are linked or embedded in the page you are looking at.  You didn't give an indication of what kind of videos they were or what website the videos are coming from, so we'd need some additional information from you on that.  If the videos are being embedded in a Canvas page, there are some times where embed code just doesn't work like you'd want it to because Canvas sometimes strips out some of the code.  Please let us know more details on the videos you're trying to view...thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bbowen@olympus.net​...

Have you tried using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to see if you can view the videos?  Another possibility might be the way the videos are linked or embedded in the page you are looking at.  You didn't give an indication of what kind of videos they were or what website the videos are coming from, so we'd need some additional information from you on that.  If the videos are being embedded in a Canvas page, there are some times where embed code just doesn't work like you'd want it to because Canvas sometimes strips out some of the code.  Please let us know more details on the videos you're trying to view...thanks.

View solution in original post

Community Member

Hi Stephanie,

I upgraded my web browser and now am happily watching the videos for the

permaculture course.

Thank you!

Barbara

Community Member

I am new to Canvas and the Community. I want to thank both Stephanie

Sanders & Chris for their helpful, "correct" answers.

Barbara Lynn Bowen