cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_schmidt
Community Member

Videos wont load

Jump to solution

I added a bunch of YouTube videos to Pages using the "More External Tools" option and now most of them wont open. Does anyone know how to fix this?It gives me a "Connection was reset" error message. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @peter_schmidt  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Instead of using the option for "More External Tools" when creating your page of content, have you considered just grabbing the embed code of the YouTube video and then embedding the video on your page of content?  So, for example, do the following:

1. Create a new page in your Canvas course.
  2. Go to YouTube, and grab the embed code for the video you want to use in your course: Embed videos & playlists - YouTube Help 
  3. Back in your Canvas course, while editing your page of content, place your cursor in the RCE (Rich Content Editor), and then click the "Insert/edit media" icon (the one that looks like a movie film strip).
  4. Click the "Embed" tab.
  5. Paste in the embed code that you harvested from YouTube, and press "Ok".

Your video should now be embedded on your page.  Give the above directions a try to see if that might help to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @peter_schmidt  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Instead of using the option for "More External Tools" when creating your page of content, have you considered just grabbing the embed code of the YouTube video and then embedding the video on your page of content?  So, for example, do the following:

1. Create a new page in your Canvas course.
  2. Go to YouTube, and grab the embed code for the video you want to use in your course: Embed videos & playlists - YouTube Help 
  3. Back in your Canvas course, while editing your page of content, place your cursor in the RCE (Rich Content Editor), and then click the "Insert/edit media" icon (the one that looks like a movie film strip).
  4. Click the "Embed" tab.
  5. Paste in the embed code that you harvested from YouTube, and press "Ok".

Your video should now be embedded on your page.  Give the above directions a try to see if that might help to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
kkoller
Surveyor

My students are having issues uploading videos that they record within canvas.  These are under 4 minutes, and they are utilizing the answer box.  This is only a recent issue, within the past week.

We upload videos as part of a music course.  I have been trying to upload videos recorded within my module as well, and they are not loading as easily.  What changed?

Is it our internet?  I find it odd and very frustrating that it was working great all year until this week.