cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

View all answers to 1 question on a quiz

Jump to solution

Is it possible for me to grade all students question-by-question instead of grading student-by-student through the entire quiz? I find this much faster than working all the way through each student's quiz before moving on to the next student. It's especially helpful in seeing if I might have miscommunicated something so that everyone is missing the same thing on a quiz. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Kona. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've appreciated the willingness to help in the Canvas Community. Yesterday I discovered this document. While I would prefer to see everyone's answer to the same question on one screen, this gets me to the same place - it just takes a little longer:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12929-4152141685 

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, technically that exists, but most people don’t actually consider that grading one question at a time. I guess that’s what I was thinking when I provided the work around. 🙂

Kona

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

regan@lukeion.org, unfortunately there really isn't a way to do this in Canvas. The only thing I've been able to figure out is to download the Student Analytics to Excel and review them there before grading. To do this go to the quiz, click on Quiz statistics (upper right hand corner), then click on Student Analysis (and generate the report, which will allow you to download and open in Excel). This will show each student and their responses in a row. The columns are the questions. Just scroll across until you find the question(s) you are wanting to review. 

Hope this helps! Kona

Hi, Kona. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've appreciated the willingness to help in the Canvas Community. Yesterday I discovered this document. While I would prefer to see everyone's answer to the same question on one screen, this gets me to the same place - it just takes a little longer:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12929-4152141685 

Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, technically that exists, but most people don’t actually consider that grading one question at a time. I guess that’s what I was thinking when I provided the work around. 🙂

Kona

Adventurer

Does anyone know if this option is available in Quizzes Next?  I'd prefer to grade all question 12 essays together versus one student at a time.

This was one of the few things that I really liked about blackboard. I could click on a question and it would load up a page that had every free response and a blank to enter each grade. It was so much more efficient than grading one question at a time in the canvas "speed" grader? Would love to know if canvas has plans for this.