cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

View students who attended a confernece

Jump to solution

I just concluded my first conference. I want to give credit to all the students who attended it. How do I view the students who logged into the conference? #conference; #viewStudents

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Kelly and Allison,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton (Canvas Conferences).  I work at an external company (Blindside Networks) so I don't speak for Instructure.

During the live session, you can extract a list of attendees anytime by right-clicking on the user's list and choose Copy User Names.

254685_share.gif

However, we don't have a way to give you access to the attendee list after the session -- this is definitely on the road map sending the data base into Canvas.

I can't promise when we'll have it, but hopefully the ability to get the attendee list during the live session will hold you over for the moment until we have it integrated with Canvas.

Regards,... Fred Dixon

--

BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi meezankaren@fhda.edu

I think the easiest way is to simply record the conference, then open the recording to view the Users list. You can learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10273-415265961 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Kelly,

I did record it, and the users list was not captured in the recording!

- Allison

----------------

K. Allison Lenkeit Meezan, GISP

----------------

Geography & Geographic Information Systems

Foothill College

12345 El Monte Road

Los Altos Hills, CA 94022

Office: (650) 949-7166 Fax: (650) 949-7422

email: meezankaren@foothill.edu

web: http://www.foothill.edu/fac/klenkeit/

demonstrate.cargo.ultraviolet ~ what3words.com

<http://www.foothill.edu/fac/klenkeit/>

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello meezankaren@fhda.edu...

I'm not sure of an answer for you, but I'm going to ping ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ to see if he might be able to shed some light on viewing a list of students who attended your conference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Kelly and Allison,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton (Canvas Conferences).  I work at an external company (Blindside Networks) so I don't speak for Instructure.

During the live session, you can extract a list of attendees anytime by right-clicking on the user's list and choose Copy User Names.

254685_share.gif

However, we don't have a way to give you access to the attendee list after the session -- this is definitely on the road map sending the data base into Canvas.

I can't promise when we'll have it, but hopefully the ability to get the attendee list during the live session will hold you over for the moment until we have it integrated with Canvas.

Regards,... Fred Dixon

--

BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

Fred,

Is it still the case that getting an attendee list is not possible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Brian,

> Is it still the case that getting an attendee list is not possible?

You can get a full attendee list as part of the features in the Premium Tier hosting for Canvas Conferences (which includes permanent recordings).

In the Premium Tier, you get an additional recording format called 'statistics'

333003_pastedImage_2.png

The 'statistics' format will open an HTML5 page that gives you attendance for all students, along with details of

• Total time in session (with join/leave time)
  • Response to polls (we track each response)
  • Total time talking (we know exactly how long each microphone was active)
  • Number of times chatted
  • Number of times shared emoji
  • Number of times raised hand

Here's a video that shows how the analytics work: Overview of the new meeting Statistics format - YouTube .

If you are interested to learn more, we recommend reaching out to your Canvas for details on upgrading.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

(I also moonlight as the CEO of Blindside Networks)  

0 Kudos
Labels