cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelle_chrism
Surveyor

Viewed Recent Feedback

Jump to solution

How can a student mark assignments in the Recent Feedback section as viewed?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for checking it out for me!

Michelle

View solution in original post

quinnje
Community Member

I have the same question. How do you dismiss the recent feedback on the dashboard? This would be especially tense if the student has a less-than-wonderful grade that keeps staring them in the face until it gets pushed to the bottom of the list. 

12 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@michelle_chrism , to be clear, is this for a requirement or is this so when you view the assignment you can see that they viewed their feedback? If you are talking about the second one, then the students would need to actually click on the assignment and view their feedback. Here are the directions for students on how to do this - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10666-421254359 

Hope this helps!

Kona

Hi, Kona.  It's not for me; it's for the students.  The number of assignments in the Recent Feedback list gets incredibly long.  Once students have read any comments and have seen their grades for a particular assignment, they no longer need it in the list.  We thought that when students clicked on an assignment from the list, it would disappear when they returned to the dashboard.  When that didn't happen, we thought they could un-check it like they can click the X in the To Do list.  But we can't figure out how to do it.  I'm guessing by your response it's not possible?

Wow! Sorry, I completely misunderstood your question! I honestly haven't had any students ask that question before so I wasn't sure. I just had a student play around with it testing some things and we couldn't figure out a way to get it to go away, which I have to admit is very strange. I would assume the same as you, that it should automatically go away after a student has clicked on it and viewed their graded assignment. 

Unless someone else chimes in with more knowledge about this, I'd submit this as a Help ticket to Canvas support to see what they have to say.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Kona

Thanks for checking it out for me!

Michelle

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@michelle_chrism ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

@Robbie_Grant ‌,

The only answer I received was from  @kona , who also didn't know the answer.  She did suggest I open a Help ticket to Canvas support, which I tried to do, but I kept getting an error message, and this honestly lost its priority on my to-do list.  

A help ticket seems like overkill, especially if you have entire classes doing this for multiple projects. 

You can remove items from the Dashboard To Do List, but why not in the feedback list? 

This question has definitely NOT been answered.  Not sure why the default is to mark a question as answered when it clearly is not.  You did the same thing here: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/58705-is-there-anyway-to-edit-the-recent-feedback-column   a year earlier.  It's now 2019 and this question is still not answered.

Assuming something is answered (based on no more responses) is not helpful, and it is deceptive.

I want to know how students can clear recent feedback, or mark it as viewed. I have students for whom this feature is becoming worthless as their recent feedback list is clogged with unwanted content.