Viewed units not showing as such

Jump to solution
phbern
Community Novice

When I go to my course modules page, the modules show up, but many of the units I have viewed are not marked as "Viewed." I certainly hope I won't have to do all the work over again!

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @phbern  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is unusual behavior. I just now tested this on a sample course site (I'm a Canvas administrator at my institution) and it is indeed working from the student's perspective...or should be.  You might want to first make sure you are using a browser that is up to date (see Which browsers does Canvas support? ) or, if using the Canvas Student app, make sure that it is updated properly.

Secondly, be sure to notify your instructor of this.  (In Canvas, this is via Help>>Ask Your Instructor a Question.)  Instructors are able to track how students are doing within Module requirements, as outlined here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13114-4152102031 )  Check with your instructor to see what s/he sees as your progression.  If the instructor sees that you are indeed viewing the modules, then at least you're on the right track.  If even your instructor does not see this, however, perhaps login to Canvas with the instructor there (if possible, for a face-to-face class).  It helps a have a witness!

Finally, I would definitely report this behavior to Canvas if this behavior continues.  (Help>>Report a Problem).  Even if the instructor IS seeing your progression, so should you!

I hope this helps a bit, Paul.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes