cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadenniston
Surveyor

Viewing calendars

I have to explain to my staff, students and parents the logic behind the Calendar displaying 10 calendars at a maximum at any one time and how this is workable for a student who may be enrolled in up to 20 courses at any one time.

I cannot think of any logical reasons why, so any input is appreciated.

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Sheer craziness? I can't imagine what a calendar with 20 courses on it would look like, but I'm guessing it would be overwhelming and hard to read on the screen. Time wise it might also take a long time to load.

All of these are just guesses though and you might want to email your CSM with this question to see if they have a better rationale. I'm also going to switch this to a discussion because I doubt there is one "correct" answer for this.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@sadenniston , if you haven't already, you might want to read through the extensive conversation surrounding " modifiedtitle="true" title="Show more classes in Calendar. ​The comment from Instructure on this popular and currently-archived feature idea indicates that it's on their radar for future prioritization.

sandra_jones
Community Member

I know see the benefit of "viewing Calendar".  It basically keeps you more organized.