cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Viewing student grades for all courses

Jump to solution

Is there a way for a teacher, admin, or guidance counselor to click on a student and view their overall grades for all courses they are enrolled in? Similar to the "View Grades" button on the Dashboard page that students use to view all of their course grades.

Tags (1)
20 Replies
Highlighted

The /grades doesn't work either... am I missing something?

Highlighted

arnold.cassie@blvs.org,The /grades should work... I just tried it and it worked for me just fine. One thing to watch out for, the URL has to be exactly like this... https://richland.instructure.com/users/46XXXXX/grades. If you go to their profile page from the admin side of things it will initially look like this https://richland.instructure.com/accounts/97773/users/46XXXX. You have to take out the /accounts/9773 part and then add the /grades in at the end.

Thank you. That change did work. Kinda annoying but its better than nothing!

Highlighted

I am a top level admin and don't have this button. Did this button disappear or is this something I need to ask them to turn on?

Highlighted

arnold.cassie@blvs.org, that button isn't built into Canvas. It's a Canvancement (free) that you'll need to install - canvancement/grades/all-grades at master · jamesjonesmath/canvancement · GitHub 

Highlighted

Is this something that would have to be installed by computer? So if I have a guidance councilor who needs to see student grades, would I have to put this on each of their machines?

Highlighted

I think it "could" be installed at the global level, but I'm not an expert on that side of things. That's more of a james@richland.edu‌ type question. Otherwise, yes, you would need to install this on the browser of the computer that the person is working on. They would also need to have the right permissions to view this - so a high enough level of permission to see all grades for the students.

Highlighted

kona@richland.edumaxjjoness@gmail.com‌ I am attempting to download the all-grades.users.js file and I'm getting an error that says the site can't be reached, it looks like my firewall might be blocking it. I am trying to work with my IT guy on opening that up for me, but he is out installing things and I don't know when he will be able to get to me. Is there any way I can have that emailed to me? 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi, mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org‌ -- Yes, our Dropout Detective analytics does allow K-12 schools to grant access to teachers, guidance counselors, sports coaches and others to see all grades / all classes of each student that is assigned to them or in their class.  We have videos on our https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/partnerships/aspiredu?sr=search&searchId=ca946bd4-...‌ web site and some great K-12 references from people like nick.sun@dalton.k12.ga.us‌ !

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org...

I thought that I would check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since June 22nd.  It looks like you've received some good help from various people here in the Canvas Community.  Did any of the above responses help to answer your question?  Or, are there still any outstanding questions you have about your initial question?  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance, please let the Community know that by posting a message below so that we can continue to assist you.  For now, since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for well over two months, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions/comments below.  I hope that's alright with you, Marisa.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!