cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Virtual reality - Captivate 360 - Does it work on Canvas?

Hello people! I have a problem with uploading a 360 virtual reality object, created in Adobe Captivate. It is navigable and interactive on Canvas, however 360 images do not appear. Does anyone know the problem? We have already opened a call to Canvas support but have not yet responded. Probably someone must have already used this type of object and found a way for it to work. I need help, please!

Error in virtual reality object made in Adobe Captivate on Canvas.

In the preview "HTML5 in Browser" it works perfectly using Chrome.

Preview "HTML5 in Browser".

Browser OK!

These are the only options I have to export the final project file. I usually export by "Publish to Computer".

"Publish on Computer" on Adobe Captivate.

It publishes these folders and files. Which will be placed on Canvas later.

Published files and folders.

I upload the files to Canvas in the "Files" option.

Upload the files to Canvas inthe "Files" option.

Then I insert the html link for the object on the test page. However the images (360 jpg) do not appear!

Test Page.

Screens that are not 360 jpg appear normally.

Normal jpg screen.

I tested publishing for Adobe Captivate Prime, which I understand to be an Adobe LMS for courses.

"Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime"

And there the virtual reality object works perfectly!

Test on Adobe Captivate Prime.

It works!

Óh, sages users of Canvas, can you tell me "the reason for this error" or "what is the right way to make this type of object work in Canvas?" Please!

I look forward to receiving some feedback from you. Thank you guys!
Patricia Costa

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Patricia. Did you ever have any luck? I am working on troubleshooting the same issue. Like you, it previews fine in Captivate in the Chrome browser. I even uploaded it to a Moodle site and it works fine there. I have tried multiple 360 files and all of them have the same issue of the 360 image missing. You can see faint glows where the interactions are and if you click that area you can see the image that will open when triggered, but that is all that will open.

Highlighted

Hello Tammy Moore! Yes, I managed to find the problem!

I haven't tested this type of project in Moodle yet. I understood that in Canvas there is a correct way to upload this type of file to show 360 images without problems.
I'll show you the step-by-step that I followed, along with the support of the Canvas support (which is very good, by the way!). The SCORM option for uploading scorm packages didn't appear to me. So I contacted Canvas support, they said it was available for me yes! Then they showed me where to enable the visualization of this option. I didn't have to install SCORM Cloud. I hope it helps you. :smileygrin:

• Go to Settings> Navigation, there you will have the SCORM option disabled. Enable it. It will appear next to the other options on the left.

351066_pastedImage_52.png

351065_pastedImage_49.png

How to publish a Virtual Reality project - Adobe Captivate 2019

• Click on “More” and check if SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 is enabled and selected (Both versions are accepted on Canvas).
  • 351018_pastedImage_8.png
  • It will create a zipped folder in the location where you chose.

How to upload the SCORM project to Canvas

• Click on the SCORM option within the course you want to add the project to on Canvas.

351019_pastedImage_15.png

• Click Upload.
  • 351032_pastedImage_16.png
  • Click on your project's .zip and click Open.
  • It will load the Scorm package on Canvas.
  • 351033_pastedImage_17.png
  • After Upload is complete, select whether you want to Import as a classified task or not. After choosing, click on the green “Go” button.
  • 351034_pastedImage_18.png
  • In the first button you will open the task to edit it. Where you will have a preview and the edit button on the right.
  • 351038_pastedImage_22.png
  • 351039_pastedImage_23.png
  • Make sure “External tool” is selected. You can choose to load the task in a new tab or not. All of this can be edited later if needed. Click save or save and publish.
  • 351040_pastedImage_25.png
  • Viewing the activity when it needs to be loaded in a new window.
  • 351041_pastedImage_26.png
  • Visualization of the activity when it will be loaded in the same window.
  • 351042_pastedImage_27.png

How to add the task externally in a Module

• Now click on the Home page.
  • 351043_pastedImage_32.png
  • Choose which module will add this task and click on the respective “+”.
  • 351044_pastedImage_33.png
  • 1.Choose Task. 2.Click on the task to be added. 3.Choose whether it will advance any level or not. 4.Click on “Add item”.
  • 351045_pastedImage_35.png
  • Your task will be added to the module externally.
  • 351046_pastedImage_36.png

How to add the task internally on a Page

• To add the task within a page next to content, you must enter the task's edit mode.
   o Path: SCORM / 1st button. / Edit task settings (right button)

351050_pastedImage_40.png

• Leave “Load this tool in a new tab” selected and save.
  • 351051_pastedImage_41.png
  • Click on the task button, which will open in a new window.
  • 351053_pastedImage_43.png
  • Copy the link created for this task and paste it into the code of an iframe.
  • 351054_pastedImage_44.png
  • Paste this link where "YOUR CODE" is written inside the quotes, inside your iframe.
  • <p><iframe src="YOUR CODE" width="900" height="506" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" data-api-endpoint="YOUR CODE" data-api-returntype="File"></iframe></p>

• Enter the edit mode of the page where you want to insert the task. Click on "HTML Editor".
  • 351055_pastedImage_45.png
    • Copy all your iframe code and paste it in the desired location on the page. Click save.
    • 351056_pastedImage_46.png
    • The content will be saved within the page.
    • 351057_pastedImage_47.png
Highlighted

A solution has been found. Canvas does not do SCORM from within the LMS, but it has plug-ins that lets it use SCORM Cloud. If the Captivate 360 is published in SCORM Cloud, then students taking a Canvas course can enjoy the 360 learning interactive activities. This seems to reinforce, yet again, that Canvas itself just will not play these when they are set up within Canvas itself. Now, I can finally move forward with the extensive use of 360s I had planned on doing.