WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING??

Jump to solution
lglen
Community Explorer

Why - right before the start of the term - has Instructure FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED HOW CANVAS WORKS!?!?!?

I am RIGHT in the middle of building my courses, and all of a sudden I have to re-learn where the command is to link to a new image. 

The calls to various requirements are nested, so what once took one click now takes two or three.

It took me forever to find the link to "HTML editor" because not only did they change where it is, but it no longer has a label.

I mean seriously!? Who thought these changes were a good idea!? And why - oh! WHY - now????

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @lglen ...

Based on your posting, I assume that you are referring to the change in the Rich Content Editor [Rich Content Editor (All Users)] where you can edit content within your course.  I am also making the assumption that your school's local Canvas administrator or people from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department have chosen to turn on the New Rich Content Editor [New Rich Content Editor (All Users)] for you and your colleagues.  This is not yet a universal changes for all Canvas customers...as your school's local Canvas admin can turn it on for all courses at your school...or they can even let instructors turn it on course by course...or they can choose to not turn on the New RCE at all for anyone at your school.  [As a Canvas admin myself at our Technical College, we have not yet turned on the New RCE for our faculty.  We are probably going to wait until the current RCE is phased out (later this year?) and the New RCE is put in its place.]

Here are a couple documents I've found for you here in the Community that might be of some help:

My recommendation to you would be to have a conversation with your school's local Canvas admin at your school.  They should be able to provide more details on the reasons for turning on the New RCE (if this was their decision).

Good luck!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post