Way to randomize order of just multiple choice questions

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

In canvas quizzes, it's possible to randomize question order, which is great. But I can't figure out how to get it to only randomize multiple choice questions, while keeping the essays at the end still. Is it possible to do this?

I know there's a group function, but I'm pretty confused how it works. I tried creating a group for multiple choice questions, but it told me there were too many questions for the group or something. No idea what that means, since I could find no way to select the exam questions I wanted to put in that group.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @erica_wagner ...

You've got the right idea.  You'll want to create a question group for all of your multiple choice questions, and then put those multiple choice questions in that question group.  Then, after that question group, you can put your essay questions at the end.  This way, you can randomize just the multiple choice questions and keep the essay questions in the order that you want.  Here are some Guides for you to look at:

Once you create your question group, you can drag and drop your multiple choice questions into that question group.

I hope this will help, Erica.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Take care, be well, and stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes