cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonna_radegard
Explorer III

Webcam submission with Assignment enhancement - Student

Jump to solution

Have anyone heared if and when the feature webcam submission will be possible whilst the Assignmnet enhancemnet ist enabled in a course?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jonna_radegard  --

I can confirm that what you're experiencing with the Student Assignment Enhancements enabled is accurate. Right now, the webcam submissions are only available to institutions that do not have the enhancements enabled.

From what I learned, the Student Assignment Enhancements team is aware of the request and need. It's on their list!! So, keep watching the Release Notes each month for updates. While it is not known exactly when, it sounds like it will eventually. 👍

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jonna_radegard!

Webcam submissions were part of the 2021-03-20 Release! 🙂

Assignments: Webcam Submissions (2021-03-20 Release... - Canvas Community  

After viewing the video, let the Community know if we can help clarify anything. We're here to help!

jonna_radegard
Explorer III

Hi @klundstrum , the answer and the video is not helping. I know that the Webcam Submission is a new feature and the video is showing how it works when you do not have the Assignmnet Enhancement - Student turned on.

If you turn the Assignmnet Enhanchement - student on, in the Feautre Options of a course, things look different for the students. When they submit an assignmnent, the new feature Webcam Sumission is nowhere to be found.

My question is, when will students be able to use the new feature Webcam Submission with the Assignment enhancement turned on?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah, I see. I'm sorry I missed that detail in your initial question. I'll see what I can learn!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I double-checked this, and you should be able to access the submission option, even without enhancements enabled. The biggest thing is to remember to have FILE UPLOADS enabled for your students. The upload also needs to be able to accept .png files.

klundstrum_0-1618244659527.png

jonna_radegard
Explorer III

Hi @klundstrum , it works fine without enhancements enabled.

My question is regarding when assignment enhancement is enabled, then it does not work.

Since Assignment enhancement is the latest developed way to submit, wiev comments and rubrics it is strange that this new good feature with webcam submission doesn´t work. 

File uloads, no restrictionsFile uloads, no restrictionsView to submit when assignment enhancement is onView to submit when assignment enhancement is on

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm so sorry for all of this confusion. Where I teach, I have only the "classic" assignments enabled, and while reading, i mixed up the enabled/disabled has/has not... Lots going on and I missed the clarification you kindly provided! I'll let you know what I can after a little digging and collaborating with other Canvas Coaches.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jonna_radegard  --

I can confirm that what you're experiencing with the Student Assignment Enhancements enabled is accurate. Right now, the webcam submissions are only available to institutions that do not have the enhancements enabled.

From what I learned, the Student Assignment Enhancements team is aware of the request and need. It's on their list!! So, keep watching the Release Notes each month for updates. While it is not known exactly when, it sounds like it will eventually. 👍

View solution in original post

0 Kudos