cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hashan_wijayada
Community Member

What are the common ways that the API access token for a perticular user to get invalid ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have received several incidents which are directly related to API access token expiration. to test this thoroughly we require deep knowledge on how and what scenarios we can execute to get the API access tokens expired for a particular user.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Lamplighter

When a user generates an API token, it asks when the user wants the token to expire. The trick is to leave that box blank and it will no longer expire. That's the only scenario for which I am aware.

Also, any tokens generated in Beta or Test environments will no longer exist when those environments are refreshed. Beta refreshes every week and Test refreshes every 3 weeks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hashan_wijayada ​...

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I'll share your message with the Canvas Developers​ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that it will get some additional exposure.  If you haven't joined this group yet, it's just a click away.  Hope this helps, Hashan!

MattHanes
Lamplighter

When a user generates an API token, it asks when the user wants the token to expire. The trick is to leave that box blank and it will no longer expire. That's the only scenario for which I am aware.

Also, any tokens generated in Beta or Test environments will no longer exist when those environments are refreshed. Beta refreshes every week and Test refreshes every 3 weeks.

View solution in original post

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for you quick reply. appreciate it.