What is an efficient way to grade file upload assignments?

Green_Leaf
Community Member

My students' exams consists of multiple choice questions followed by seven free response questions, for which they do a file upload (one file containing all seven questions). My current strategy is very slow, so I would like to find out if anyone has figured out a faster way.

My current strategy is: go to speed grader and download all files one by one into a designated folder on my computer. Then I grade the exams question-by-question, i.e. grade #1 in all 60 files, then grade #2 in all 60 files, etc. Then, for each student, I re-upload their exam in the assignment comments.

Needless to say, this is extremely slow. I can think of two ways to improve it, but I haven't been able to implement them. For one, I could download all assignments in one go. However, for some reason I do not have the "Download Submission" button.

Secondly, it would be great if I could see and edit all the PDF's directly in speed grader. I know there is something called DocView, but I don't know how to enable it. In speedgrader I just get a link to download student submission.

Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes