cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

What is status error 503?

Jump to solution

I am an instructor and have previously successfully uploaded multiple *pdf, *pptx, and *docx documents to my course.  I am trying to upload additional documents, but am now consistently getting the error:   Error:  Request failed with status code 503.  

What is wrong and how is this error fixed? 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Canvas is having a bit of an issue right now with uploading files. You can keep track of the status here: Canvas Status  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I am getting the same error. Perhaps the system is having an issue currently since it is the same day. Hopefully this will resolve soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Canvas is having a bit of an issue right now with uploading files. You can keep track of the status here: Canvas Status  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

We are getting the same error as well.  Canvas team should have this Canvas Status page push out the update notification.  Is it possible to improve this Status page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pinglieser@wustl.edu‌, named admins at all Canvas schools receive notifications of changes to Canvas Status, and they can then disseminate the information as they choose. If you're a named admin at your school and are not receiving those notifications, please contact your CSM for guidance. 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels