cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the Canvas Elementary Theming feature option courses?

Jump to solution

There is a feature option for Canvas Elementary Theming but I cannot find anything about it in guides or in a search. Anyone have experience with this and can send me to a correct spot to learn more? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org and benjamin.peters2@det.nsw.edu.au, here's an update: the new elementary theme will be released to production environments in the upcoming ready release. Please read through the Ready Release Notes (2020-05-16) for more information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org, global themes are applied by a Canvas admin at the account or sub-account level, and How do I create a theme for an account using the Theme Editor? walks through the steps. As the lesson notes, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) must first enable the K-12 specific feature option for the account before it is available as a theme option.

Highlighted

Yes, the K-12 feature appears in the theme editor as well as in the settings of the admin level feature options. This is what I see.

345378_pastedImage_1.png

I want to see how it functions or how to alter it, but there is not an Elementary theme that exists in the theme default menu. Are you saying I have to contact our CSM before turning this feature on will work?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org, from the screenshot, it appears that the feature option is available at the admin level but hasn't been turned on by an admin. Are you able to toggle the control to "Allow"? If not, then yes: please ask your CSM for assistance.

Highlighted

Yes, I can change it to 'allow' and 'on' as I have admin ability. Will this make it appear in themes or is there another place to alter the settings for it?

Highlighted

mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org, I did some additional checking. It turns out that the theme you're hoping to review hasn't yet been released into production, and our engineers are taking steps right now to hide that toggle to avoid generating additional confusion.

Highlighted

Well, that stinks. I was REALLY excited for it! Any info on when it will be released?

Highlighted

I don't have additional info about the potential timing, mmanocchio@biomedscienceacademy.org‌; I'm sorry. At this writing it is still in the Developing stage as depicted on the Ideas  page. Your best course of action would be to follow the Release Notes: Canvas LMS‌ space to be alerted to updates.

Highlighted

Thanks for all the answers here @Stefanie. I am currently working with our Elementary School (Primary) in South Australia and I know they would love this feature to be enabled ASAP. Especially for letter formation with their students. They were not impressed with the current lower case 'a' at all. I have helped them through this using a variety of other methods for showing letter formation, but I am sure you can appreciate the need for consistency across the courses.

Highlighted

Hi, We have some interest from our Primary section and a few surrounding schools for their special education units. Is there any details on what this feature will do or a way that we could test in beta or test environments?