What's happening with the quizzes?

Jump to solution
erinaltschuler
Community Novice

My team and I are trying to make a quiz for our 1st graders.  When we have made quizzes before we have been able to create and embed voice recordings/videos directly into the question and answers.  When my colleague made a quiz last week she was not able to do this and when I went into the quiz to help her the format looked completely different!  We noticed that the rocket ship was filled in dark gray instead of just having a gray outline.  Anyone have an idea what happened when she made her quiz?  I went back in today and we were able to find the old quiz format to make a new one with voice recordings, but we are trying to figure out what happened (so it doesn't happen again)! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @erinaltschuler ...

The two rocketship icons signify either the classic or the new version of Quizzes.  Please see this Guide: How do I use the Quizzes Index Page?.  Scroll down to the section on "View New Quizzes Assessments", and it describes the two icons that you are seeing.  My guess is that your school has decided to turn "on" New Quizzes in your Canvas environment.

I hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post