What's the most efficient way to display/print a student's progress/grades from all classes at once?

Jump to solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

There is a teacher who would like to share a student's overall progress with a parent from all of the student's classes, as opposed to class by class.  What is the best way to do so?

1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi again Rebecca Penina Simon,

I think for a parent to see all the grades at a glance for a student, the easiest way is to use the Canvas Parent app. What is the Canvas Parent app? 

Image of a student's grades in the Parent app

In Canvas, the student can always see their grades using the View Grades button on the Dashboard. I do not know if that shows up on the Observer's dashboard.

View of grades from student dashboard

Back in the 90's when I taught, as the homeroom teacher I used to get little grade printout slips from each teacher and then have to assemble them myself into a folder for when the parent came in to get an update. I do not miss those days. In Canvas, the teacher does not have access to the grades of courses he/she is not a member of.

Otherwise, an Admin can see the grades for a user. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7650 

Hope these resources help,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post