What's the most efficient way to set participation grades in Canvas Gradebook?

Jump to solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Hi, a teacher is looking to create class participation grades in Canvas (I would imagine as an assignment).  Please see her email below.  FYI - I am new to Canvas - so I figured I would ask you all here for a good answer. Smiley Happy Please see below.

Hi.

I want to do this differently this semester. To be more organized and such I want to have a parcicipation grade every class but don't want to make it an assignment like last time. Is there some sort of gradebook that I can input my information that later will be used to pull their grades? 
Thank you
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rpsimon, greetings! I'm not totally sure I understand what the teacher is wanting, but based on the information provided, the short answer is no, I can't think of anything that would work outside of the Canvas gradebook and then integrate back in. My recommendation is to just create a mid-term and end of semester assignment for participation. The Instructor can then keep track of participation on a piece of paper or Excel sheet during the week and then only enter in "Participation" grades into Canvas twice during the semester. I do suggest twice a semester because it's good for students to see and be reminded of how they are doing half-way through the course. 

Kona

View solution in original post