Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

What the student sees in the Canvas ios app

Jump to solution

Hello All,

New Canvas user here...I am loving it!  I have my course site all setup and ready to go and I have quite a few of the navigation items on the left side of the page hidden from student view.  Will those items be hidden as well on the ios app or will I have to go in and rehide them in app?!

Thanks much,

Pat Immel

Northwest Missouri State University

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello pimmel@nwmissouri.edu​ - Welcome to Canvas and to this wonderfully supportive and helpful community.  While I am not a frequent user of the iOS app, rest assured that any menu items you have hidden on the web-based version of your course will be hidden from the students on app versions, as well.

Not having a true "student view" such as exists on the web version is a bit of a pain, but hopefully there is good news around the corner on that front, as Instructure has indicated it is "under consideration," as shown here:  .

I'm sure you will find Canvas easy to use both for yourself as well as your students.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello pimmel@nwmissouri.edu​ - Welcome to Canvas and to this wonderfully supportive and helpful community.  While I am not a frequent user of the iOS app, rest assured that any menu items you have hidden on the web-based version of your course will be hidden from the students on app versions, as well.

Not having a true "student view" such as exists on the web version is a bit of a pain, but hopefully there is good news around the corner on that front, as Instructure has indicated it is "under consideration," as shown here:  .

I'm sure you will find Canvas easy to use both for yourself as well as your students.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Yes... they will be hidden on the iOS app.

In addition, items you add to the list will also show up the same in the iOS app.

smiles,

Jamie

Highlighted

Thanks Ken and Jamie for your kind responses!  I have been working with Canvas for about two months and am getting ready to go live with a class this Monday.  Canvas is orders of magnitude better than our old LMS.  I'm not naming names but it rhymes with eCollege.

Thanks again,

Pat