Did you mean: 
murphy_1527
Learner II

What type of question to use?

I want to create a question based on this table:

Midterm Screening Table.png

that is something like this:

"Calculate the specificity of the screening test in Panel A."

The response can be 83.2%, 83% , 83 percent, .83 ......any variation of this.  '

I have constructed this questions as a multiple choice question (and attempted to list all of the possible answers I could think of) but am wondering if I should be using another question type that might work better.

Thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@murphy_1527 ​, I wonder if you could adapt the method described in the recent CanvasLIVE​ presentation--

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)
​--to suit your needs. Or perhaps you could recreate the tables depicted in your screenshot and use a multiple dropdown variable in a new cell for the specificity?

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the reply. I will watch that video and then post my thoughts.

dwahl_sales
Instructure
Instructure

One way to make it easier in terms of available answers is to specify the desired answer type within the question.  So for example instead of saying "Calculate the specificity of the screening test in Panel A." you could say "Calculate the specificity of the screening test in Panel A as a percentage." or "Calculate the specificity of the screening test in Panel A in decimal notation." this will allow you to use the "margin of error" feature of the numerical question type or to specify the decimal places in a formula question, eliminating the need for you to come up with as many acceptable answers as possible.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@murphy_1527 ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie