cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

What vendor behind Arcs captioning? White papers?

Jump to solution

Hi!  Arc do captioning automatic, in different languages. Great! 

Is that technology Instructures  own?  Or

Do Canvas use it a third-party-vendor?

How did Canvas go about doing it in the Swedish language?

Could that vendor work with Kaltura?

Best Regards, Niklas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

niklas.frost@med.lu.se,

Canvas uses Speechmatics. They made the announcement in 2017. Here's a case study about Instructure on the Speechmatics website. Canvas does not have their own engine for speech recognition, although I suspect that Canvas does have their own tool for editing the captions afterwards. 

Here's a similar thread from earlier May of this year: Improving Arc Captions - Does it learn? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Hello niklas.frost@med.lu.se‌ - you might get the best info from your Kaltura CSM but here is what I know:

With the new Kaltura's Reach 2.0 product they have a new captioning partner:  Verbit AI.   https://verbit.ai/ 

So be sure to review the Reach 2.0 documentation.  Hope this is useful.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thx Jeff! But i still look for an answer regarding the question about the Arc solution. Is that Instructures own engine that do the auto captioning or do Instructure use Google, Amazon etc   under the hood?!

If ARC uses Instructures "own" engine - any name or brand?

And a new question also: The auto captioning Engine Arc uses are located were? US or Europe?

Best regards, Niklas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

niklas.frost@med.lu.se,

Canvas uses Speechmatics. They made the announcement in 2017. Here's a case study about Instructure on the Speechmatics website. Canvas does not have their own engine for speech recognition, although I suspect that Canvas does have their own tool for editing the captions afterwards. 

Here's a similar thread from earlier May of this year: Improving Arc Captions - Does it learn? 

View solution in original post