When I hit the Print Screen Button to copy my screen, nothing seems to happen.

Jump to solution
jhoover1
Community Novice

I am trying to submit proof that I updated my profile and worked on my announcement section under my Profile in Canvas to submit the assignment and I can't seem to get the Print Screen button to work to copy what I did on that screen.  What can I do?  Thanks for your help @ Amy Sharp

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jhoover1 ...

The PRT SC (also sometimes Prt Scn) button alone does not show you anything on screen.  It does, however, allow you to take a screen shot of the screen that you are currently looking at.  You need to do a little bit more work on your end in order to fully utilize that keyboard button, though.  After you have tapped on PRT SC, you'll need to open a simple graphics editing program on your computer.  If you are on a Windows 10 machine, you could open up your Paint program, for example.  Once in that program, use the keyboard combination Ctrl+V to paste the image in your Paint program.  You can then use some of the editing tools to crop the image to your liking, or you can just save the file "as is" using a *.jpg, *.gif, or *.png file extension.  Here's a video I found on YouTube that does a much better job of explaining it than I did...

I hope this will be of help to you, Jamie.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes