cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

When I try to enter 4200 as an exact numerical answer with error margin 0, Canvas changes it from 4200 to 4!

Jump to solution

I have had this problem before with other numbers. I've been working around the problem by changing the values in my numeric answer questions. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

james_buckner@ccpsnet.net 

Are you still having this problem?

There was a problem with the latest Canvas release where formula questions were behaving badly and returning 0 anytime you specified a tolerance. Canvas did a hotfix on Thursday, July 25, to fix that issue.

That issue was related to support for internationalization and I notice now that Canvas puts a comma in the answer, so it shows up as 4,200 when I enter it as a quiz question

318185_pastedImage_3.png

When I take the quiz, it converts my 4,200 back to 4200.

318082_pastedImage_2.png

When I tried to duplicate what you're seeing, I was unable to do so. It worked fine for me. That's why I'm asking if you're still having the issue? If you are, then you should submit a help ticket to Canvas so they become aware of the issue.

One other possibility is if your institution is self-hosting and haven't applied the hotfix yet or are otherwise running an older, buggy, version. I did check yesterday and the hotfix has been applied to the master branch of the GitHub source.

Again, the issue I'm checking was related to formula questions, but it's possible that they found the other issue at the same time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

james_buckner@ccpsnet.net 

Are you still having this problem?

There was a problem with the latest Canvas release where formula questions were behaving badly and returning 0 anytime you specified a tolerance. Canvas did a hotfix on Thursday, July 25, to fix that issue.

That issue was related to support for internationalization and I notice now that Canvas puts a comma in the answer, so it shows up as 4,200 when I enter it as a quiz question

318185_pastedImage_3.png

When I take the quiz, it converts my 4,200 back to 4200.

318082_pastedImage_2.png

When I tried to duplicate what you're seeing, I was unable to do so. It worked fine for me. That's why I'm asking if you're still having the issue? If you are, then you should submit a help ticket to Canvas so they become aware of the issue.

One other possibility is if your institution is self-hosting and haven't applied the hotfix yet or are otherwise running an older, buggy, version. I did check yesterday and the hotfix has been applied to the master branch of the GitHub source.

Again, the issue I'm checking was related to formula questions, but it's possible that they found the other issue at the same time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

I tested the functionality a few minutes ago, and it is working correctly now. Thanks for filling me in on the recent issue.

Highlighted

I'm glad it's working again. Thanks for checking.

Labels