cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfreeman
Surveyor

When a quiz is auto-submitted at avail until are answers saved?

Jump to solution

I am pretty confident it would if delivered one question at a time but not sure otherwise and cannot find the answer here (which is also a bit frustrating).

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

tfreeman, I think this lesson from the Canvas Guides for students answers your question: How do I take a Quiz?

Under the section View Quiz, the guide instructs students thusly:

You can also view the due date for the quiz [3]. In the sidebar, the quiz due date refers to the autosubmit date, which can be a specified Until date or the last day of the course. This is not the due date set for when the quiz will be marked late.

So the autosubmit date is either the "specified Until date" or "the last day of the course."

At the end, the guide states:

Canvas will save your quiz as you go through it. When you are finished, submit your quiz and view the quiz results to find out your score.

In other words, a student's progress is saved at regular (very frequent) intervals throughout the quiz. The autosubmit will capture those saved results at the student's last point of progress, whatever that was. And the guide makes it clear that these actions refer to any quiz whether it is delivered all at once or one question at a time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

tfreeman, I think this lesson from the Canvas Guides for students answers your question: How do I take a Quiz?

Under the section View Quiz, the guide instructs students thusly:

You can also view the due date for the quiz [3]. In the sidebar, the quiz due date refers to the autosubmit date, which can be a specified Until date or the last day of the course. This is not the due date set for when the quiz will be marked late.

So the autosubmit date is either the "specified Until date" or "the last day of the course."

At the end, the guide states:

Canvas will save your quiz as you go through it. When you are finished, submit your quiz and view the quiz results to find out your score.

In other words, a student's progress is saved at regular (very frequent) intervals throughout the quiz. The autosubmit will capture those saved results at the student's last point of progress, whatever that was. And the guide makes it clear that these actions refer to any quiz whether it is delivered all at once or one question at a time.

View solution in original post

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

tfreeman​,

I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity for more than a week so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie