cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

When adding a new class, how come it does not show up on canvas immediately?

Jump to solution

I have added a new class into my schedule and it has not shown up on canvas even though my professor has announced that they have the class linked to canvas!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi shaleenvo@hotmail.com and welcome to the Canvas Community. You've actually posted your question to a worldwide community where users from different institutions discuss their experiences of using Canvas. This means that members of the community don't have access to Canvas courses from individual schools/colleges so we can't check when your class will become available. However I do have a suggestion that might help you find what you're looking for. The Canvas home screen (known as the dashboard) doesn't show all your courses, only the ones that have been "favorited". If you go to the "All courses" screen you can see which ones are favorited - these are the ones with a yellow star. You can choose your favorites to set which courses appear on the dashboard, see this page for information:
How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

If you don't see your class on the "All courses" screen then you need to contact your professor or the admin team at your college; they will be able to check when the course will be available. You can contact the professor by clicking the "Help" button on the left menu in Canvas and you should then see a link to "Ask your instructor a question" which lets you send a message to the professor. Good luck in finding your class.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi shaleenvo@hotmail.com and welcome to the Canvas Community. You've actually posted your question to a worldwide community where users from different institutions discuss their experiences of using Canvas. This means that members of the community don't have access to Canvas courses from individual schools/colleges so we can't check when your class will become available. However I do have a suggestion that might help you find what you're looking for. The Canvas home screen (known as the dashboard) doesn't show all your courses, only the ones that have been "favorited". If you go to the "All courses" screen you can see which ones are favorited - these are the ones with a yellow star. You can choose your favorites to set which courses appear on the dashboard, see this page for information:
How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

If you don't see your class on the "All courses" screen then you need to contact your professor or the admin team at your college; they will be able to check when the course will be available. You can contact the professor by clicking the "Help" button on the left menu in Canvas and you should then see a link to "Ask your instructor a question" which lets you send a message to the professor. Good luck in finding your class.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels